“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” ~ Galatians 5:1
One-to-One Lay Counseling Ministry
The One-to-One Lay Counseling Ministry provides a Biblical perspective from trained lay-people to support and extend care to those in need.
- A maturing Christian who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A lay-person who has received certification through the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), plus many hours of continuous training.
- A person with a heart to care for, and provide emotional and spiritual support for those experiencing life’s difficulties.
- A caring Christian who listens and cares, listens and prays, listens and supports, and listens.
- Encourages someone who will “be there” for those in need, meeting faithfully, one-to-one, for about an hour each week for as long as there is a need in the care-receiver’s life.
We are here to help with Pastoral & Professional Counseling:
- Pastoral Staff
- Florence Nikas
- Carl Reimer
- Dusti Stark
Additional Support Ministries
This ministry provides a support group for women who have become widows during the past 5 years. They meet on the 4th Wednesday of every month (with the exception of June-August) to share a potluck lunch or eat at a local restaurant. Comfort, hope, fellowship, and encouragement are offered to all that attend. Contact Norene at 541-476-1120 with any questions.
We excuse people again and again, then kick ourselves for not setting better boundaries. In this class you are given life-changing tools and insightful illustrations from leading Christian counselor, Tim Clinton and noted counselor and author, Pat Springle. They guide you in not only breaking through to better relationships, but making big life changes for the better.
and socially mature. We become free from our addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors.
This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with others and God. As we progress through the program we discover our personal, loving and forgiving Higher Power—Jesus Christ, the only true Higher Power.
Celebrate Recovery is not just for those struggling with drugs or alcohol, but for anyone who is struggling any number of hurts, habits or hang-ups. These are those areas that we come to realize are causing our lives to become chaotic and/or unmanageable. It’s been said, “Pain is inevitable, but suffering is an option. “Many times people are afraid to engage in honest community because the don’t think of themselves as “One of those people…” The fact is we’re all one of those people. We all experience times in our lives where we get stuck.
Financial Peace University
This life-changing class taught by Dave Ramsey and the FPU teaching team on video, and coordinated by Michelle Rutherford at River Valley,
- Membership for you and your spouse
- Access to the online resources and tools
- A copy of Dave Ramsey’s Complete Guide to Money book
- FPU Class workbook
- FPU Envelope System
- FPU Progress Chart
Journey for Women and Journey for Men
Since the first meeting of the early church detailed in the book of Acts, God has instructed believers to use the resources He has given them to help the needy. We fulfill this scriptural mandate by offering prayer, counsel, and temporary financial assistance to individuals and families during a time of need. Examples of the types of help provided include grocery coupons, bus passes, and marriage and financial counseling. For more information call the Lifeline Ministry at 541-476-7761, ext. 106.
- Hours of operation: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 9am to 2pm.
The Gift in You
Untangling Relationships: A Christian Perspective on Co-Dependency
Who Switched Off My Brain
“I know that’s what I want to do, but how do I do that?!”. You can learn how in the following classes:
- Class One – Your Amazing Brain
- Class Two – How Do We Think? How Does Thinking Become Toxic?
- Class Three – Stress!!!
- Class Four – Detoxing Your Thought Life
- Class Five – The Differences Between the Male and Female Brain
- Class Six – Does Anyone Out There Understand Me?